FBI National Citizens Academy Alumni Association
COVID-19 Response & Resources
Dear FBI Buffalo CAAA Members,
After much consideration and monitoring of expert recommendations regarding the coronavirus outbreak, the FBI Buffalo CAAA Board of Directors has decided to suspend scheduled activities for the next 30 days. This includes member meetings and outreach programs. The health and wellbeing of our members, partners and community are of utmost importance to us and we want to take all measures to minimize risk and optimize containment of the outbreak.
We are committed to doing all we can to keep our members healthy and safe, and believe the best course of action is to stay informed and adhere to the guidance of our public health experts and government leaders. There are several excellent resources for tracking the spread of the virus as well as recommendations for prevention, and we urge you to stay up to date:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/
- For your convenience, the City of Buffalo is maintaining an up-to-date list of closings and cancellations in our area on their website: http://www.buffalony.gov/1298/6087/Coronavirus-Disease-Updates You can also sign up to receive emergency local alerts regarding COVID-19 via BuffAlert (details at the link above).
- Our Rochester members should go to: https://www.cityofrochester.gov/article.aspx?id=21474843824 for local information and updates.
- Scam Alert: Be cautious of anyone selling products that claim to prevent, treat, diagnose, or cure COVID-19. Learn more at https://tinyurl.com/w5wujnh If you suspect a scam, report it at https://www.ic3.gov/
- The FBI is warning citizens to be wary of malicious websites and apps pretending to track #COVID19 cases worldwide. Criminals are using malicious websites and apps to infect and lock devices until payment is received. Report scams and attempted scams at https://www.ic3.gov/
Follow the FBI website (fbi.gov) and Facebook page (@fbi) and share warnings they issue regarding scams and other risks related to coronavirus. Join our CAAA National Chapter Forum Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NationalCAAAChapterForum/ where you can post questions and share your COVID-19 response plans and activities.
Thank you for being such an important part of our FBI Buffalo CAAA community, and for all you to do to support our mission. We will continue to provide updates about future programming.
Please take care of yourself. Stay safe and in good health.